About the role
About the opportunity
The Kinship Care Program was established in March 2010 following the rollout of funding by DHHS for community service organisations to support children and young people who are in the care of a family member when they are unable to live with their parents.
Working from the Reservoir office, this highly satisfying role will see you:
- Enhancing and building on the available informal and formal family and community supports for children living in kinship family arrangements
- Assisting extended family networks to provide the best possible kinship care arrangements for children unable to live with their own parents with the minimum level of professional intervention from the formal service system
- Assisting with the establishment, monitoring and support of the kinship care placements arranged for the most vulnerable children as a result of child protection involvement to ensure that they meet each child’s ongoing safety, stability and developmental needs
We are looking for proactive, responsible individuals who have demonstrated a history of success in:
- Working with disempowered and vulnerable families
- Engaging and establishing effective helping relationships
- Undertaking assessments, developing intervention plans and working with children, young people and kinship families to bring about change
- Understanding of the issues involved in statutory and voluntary casework with vulnerable children, young people and families in a community service context is also needed including:
- knowledge and experience of a range of relevant intervention strategies and frameworks
- Networking and establishing collaborative working relationships with related services, especially the Department of Health Human Services, Child Protection is critical
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Kinship Care via Pro Bono Australia.