About the role
- Be part of a large, recognised provider of mental health and disability services across Victoria, the ACT, Tasmania, Queensland and New South Wales
- Full time, ongoing role for the right candidate
- Opportunity to observe positive outcomes and make a difference to the lives of individuals living with mental illness
- Access to ongoing support and development opportunities
- Casual opportunity based in Canberra
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
The Youth Step Up Step Down Program, managed in partnership with ACT Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and other Drug Services, is a 24-hour residential mental health program that aims to prevent relapse and assist adults in recovery from an acute episode of mental illness. Our focus is on recovery and supporting individuals to live independent and fulfilling lives in the community.
The Coordinator will work within a psychosocial model to support our participants to develop on-going recovery plans encompassing social and well-being opportunities. Working within the context of the individual, families and community, the role will include supporting participants with managing their health and wellbeing, daily living skills, community linkages, tenancies and social skill development.
This role has direct responsibility for the maintenance of the Youth SUSD Programs and will also maintain a small caseload. This position will identify opportunities for evaluating local needs and program growth. In this context, the role has responsibility for operational oversight for the following key areas – quality improvement/service delivery performance, service development, including program design, development and evaluation, financial indicators, human resources management and effective allocation of resources.
Skills & qualifications
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Qualifications in social science, community support or similar discipline, or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar program or in Mental Health will be advantageous
- Strong understanding of the psychosocial rehabilitation model
- Comfortable working autonomously as well as an active team member
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, excellent organisational skills
- An understanding and demonstrated commitment to social inclusion and diversity
- Ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- Current valid Driver’s Licence
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working With Vulnerable Persons Check, prior to commencement
- Previous experience in managing group homes is desirable experience, but not essential.
About the organisation
Wellways works with people with mental illness and other psychosocial disabilities, their families and friends to improve their wellbeing and to gain inclusion into communities. We provide this support through recovery, education and advocacy programs and provide a range of innovative rehabilitation programs.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coordinator – Youth Step Up, Step Down Program via Pro Bono Australia.