About the role
Purpose of Role
This is an exciting NEW role in a growing programme with incredible income opportunities. India has the biggest opportunities to meet the SDG goals and is one of the fastest growing economies, it is a buoyant market and companies are ready to invest in the right programmes.
Under the general guidance of the Partnerships Manager (P4) in India Country Office, this post is responsible for leading the proactive securing and development of new, high value/ high impact partnerships with the corporate sector as well as managing and growing existing partnerships; with companies based in India.
The new partnership manager will work cross functionally with other team members, multiple UNICEF Divisions, and colleagues in India Country Office in order to drive the approach of developing high impact new partnerships and retain existing in order to mobilize resources for India Country Office and realise UNICEF’s strategic goals. Expectation is that the post holder will manage a pipeline, continually monitoring progress and volume as agreed with Supervisor and driving external engagement strategies to constantly recruit new prospects.
The post holder will also ensure sustainability of the Corporate Partnerships programme in India through renewals of existing partnerships as well as quality of the funding.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Driving results to achieve targets
Ensures that the targets associated with delivering new and retaining existing partnerships are achieved. Supports critical stakeholders in India Country Office by guiding and supporting understanding of partnerships with private sector to further enable future partnerships. Develop beneficial, strong relationships directly with key decision makers at prospect businesses, engaging externally and internally at senior levels and credibly representing UNICEF in negotiations on high value partnerships.
- Lead Corporate Partnerships team
Supports, encourages and guides a team of fundraisers based in Mumbai, Delhi and in other State Offices in India to lead them to achieve their individual targets.
- Identify, develop and take to market case for partnership investment in India
Develops together with the team different business cases for partnerships according to financial and non-financial needs in India Country office. Test and modify the business case according to market feedback and develop the right proposition for business and foundations.
- Actively contributing to Global Best Practices
Continually gathers and disseminates best practice learnings and experiences on the development of Corporate Partnerships and actively participate in global or regional meetings, skills trainings and capacity building discussions. Contributes to the implementation of best practices in India Country Office.
- Engages globally to maximize global opportunities
Build strong internal networks and engage directly with other Country Offices, National Committee and others to include India activations in global alliances delivered by other markets.
- Ensure appropriate risk measures in place
Ensure that new partnerships align with UNICEF’s due diligence standards and adequately manage risk with critical internal teams such as CRDD and Comms.
Impact of Results:
- Successful delivery of the role will ensure that key partnerships with target new partners will be put in place, with those propositions leveraging financial and non-financial assets.
- Targets for numbers of new partnerships and income and other assets leveraged will be achieved or exceeded.
- Ultimately, the key new, high impact, partnerships will support UNICEF in achieving the strategic organisational goals as outlined in the strategic plan.
- Eight years progressively responsible professional work experience in fundraising, marketing, sponsorship, or business to business sales, including work with businesses to create, large-scale partnerships.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in fundraising, marketing and sponsorship highly desirable.
- Proven experience of identifying, developing and securing a new business pipeline, including successfully securing new corporate partnerships at a US$ 7-figure per year and above funding value is desirable.
- Experience of directly influencing, senior decision makers in companies and deep knowledge of the Business and International Development sector in India is highly valuable.
- Experience in managing teams is essential, as well as experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Advanced university degree in Business, Marketing, International Relations, Social Sciences or related fields is required.
- *A first level university degree in a relevant field combined with 10 years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset
About the organisation
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
The Private Sector Fundraising and Partnerships (PSFP) section within PFP works with National Committees and UNICEF country offices to maximize financial and non-financial support for children. Within this section, the purpose of the Corporate Partnerships Team is to drive impact, defined as financial resources in addition to other valuable assets and opportunities, in order to optimize the value of multi-dimensional partnerships with companies to achieve UNICEF’s strategic goals. The team supports key UNICEF Divisions with partnership strategies as well as
National Committees and Country Offices with their strategies for growth. The team also champions and drives global best practice, partnership strategy and issues guidance and policies globally. Team members also play a role in the relationship management of key partners.
The post reports to the Partnerships Manager based in India Country Office, with a dotted reporting line to the Chief, Corporate Partnerships based in PFP Geneva.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Corporate Partnerships Manager via Pro Bono Australia.