About the role
An opportunity exists for an experienced direct marketing professional with an interest in donor acquisition. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, detail-oriented, adaptable and possess strong planning and problem-solving skills.
Working closely with the Strategic Development Director and Fundraising Manager – Appeals, Events and Community to manage the development and implementation of our direct marketing programs, including warm and acquisition DM appeals, and working across various departments on integrated appeals and emergencies, the Direct Marketing Specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Manage and prepare budgets for direct mail.
- Project manage the overall appeal strategy with the aim of coordinating integrated campaigns across the organisation, including ensuring messaging and thematic execution meets the concept brief across all channels.
- Manage the warm appeals program, including leading the integration of the program across teams and channels.
- Manage the testing matrix for appeals in order to establish best practice direct mail practices in the Australian market.
- Work with the Business Intelligence Unit to segment data and execute meaningful and statistically relevant tests and to produce accurate and timely reporting on direct mail program.
- Research themes, case studies, statistics and photography to be used in appeals and provide feedback and input into copywriting and creative for appeals.
- Work closely with the digital team to produce integrated appeals, including EDMs, DRTV and multiscreen.
- Coordinate Australia for UNHCR’s emergency response for direct mail.
- Coordinate the assets development and administration of any new initiatives within Fundraising.
- Provide post appeal reports, including for emergencies, to highlight overall performance, test conducted, segmentation used and external factors impacting the appeal.
- Provide strategic inputs for annual planning and reforecasting budgeting periods, working with the Fundraising Manager – Appeals, Events and Community to secure funding.
- Support the Direct Marketing framework in achieving the organisation’s fundraising goals around donor acquisition.
- Work with Direct Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Coordinator on the lead generation and conversion campaign.
- Ensure the acquisition mail program is optimised including managing suppliers such as media buyers, phone agencies, list brokers, copywriters, mail houses etc. to achieve key indicator targets.
About the organisation
Australia for UNHCR is an international aid agency that raises funds from the private sector to support the humanitarian operations of the UN Refugee Agency. Established in 2000 as part of a global fundraising network, it raised over $260 million from a broad network of individuals, community and corporate partners.
How to apply for this role
The successful application will possess the following attributes:
- Minimum two years’ experience working in acquisition in a direct response environment.
- Strong knowledge of direct and digital marketing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent proof reading skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including all Microsoft office products.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications/fundraising, or relevant subject area.
- Experience working with a relational database (ideally Raiser’s Edge or a similar platform) and using analytical software.
If you are eager to use your experience to help the plight of the world’s refugees, please send your resume together with a one-page cover letter outlining your skills and motivations, to email@example.com (with subject line: Direct Marketing Specialist via ProBono).
Please quote in application: Direct Marketing Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.