About the role
- A sensational opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading international not-for-profits
- Leadership role, driving strategy development and leading Operations functions.
- 5 year initial term with a review after, full-time, 35 hours per week
- Melbourne based
Bringing values based, commercial acumen, the Director Capability and Impact will lead Oxfam’s operations, providing strategic oversight and monitoring to key organisational functions, including strategy, planning, and cultural transformation, in a rapidly evolving context. You are responsible for the alignment of resource and strategy across the organisation.
You will act as a primary driver of Oxfam Australia’s Operations functions; leading and monitoring Oxfam’s financial performance, human resources practices and information technology.
Cultivating a rights based, impact focussed culture, of entrepreneurship, enterprise and innovation, and you will drive the transformation of the agency. By establishing and facilitating strategic partnerships and investments and building capability, you will ensure the organisation is able to demonstrate the impact and value of our work, locally and globally.
A little about you (the key selection criteria)
To be successful in this role you will have;
- Strong leadership capability, particularly in relation to the changing nature of work and human centered design practice
- Proven senior executive experience in a complex environment including the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong knowledge of emerging technologies, economies and social movements
- Demonstrated experience in managing fiscal performance, displaying astute commercial acumen and entrepreneurship
- Strong background and experience developing and implementing organisational change approaches and practices
- Strong knowledge of Information Services applications and experience of successfully managing the development, implementation and evaluation of information technology systems
- Demonstrated experience supporting and promoting gender and diversity issues
- Good understanding of the issues facing the Aid and Development Sector both domestically and internationally.
We can offer you
- A competitive salary plus superannuation, superior leave benefits and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,450 of your salary tax-free)
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to tackle poverty and make a positive impact around the world
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and ample opportunities for career progression and development
Applicants will be required to show proof of their right to work in Australia and successful applicants will be subject to the satisfactory clearance of a Police Records Check, and Counter Terrorism and Aid Diversion check.
We promote diversity and practice equality. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organisations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by five core values: Accountability, Empowerment, Equality, Inclusiveness and Sustainability.
As an agency undertaking work both nationally and internationally and in humanitarian response, Oxfam takes its duty of care seriously to safeguard children, young people and adults and recognises that it must meet community expectations and the trust placed in its personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within Oxfam are required to comply with the One Oxfam Child Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policies and all staff sign the Oxfam Australia Child Safeguarding and One Oxfam Employee Codes of Conduct.
How to apply for this role
How to apply
- To apply, click at the Apply Now button to be directed to Oxfam's job portal
- Applications close on Sunday 15 December 2019
Please quote in application: Director – Capability and Impact via Pro Bono Australia.