About the role
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Grant Advisor will contribute to the management and administration of the Trust’s grant-making process.
The role shares the responsibility for the Trust’s grantmaking, including:
- Explore and foster opportunities for strategic grantmaking in areas relevant to the Trust’s grant programs and priorities;
- Grant Preparation – respond to and manage potential applicant enquiries, ensuring compliance according to Trust policies and ACNC regulations;
- Data Integrity – maintain the Trust’s grants management database, Blackbaud Grantmaking;
- Grant Evaluation –provide due diligence and assessment advice on applications, and prepare documentation for Trustee and Committee meetings;
- Grant Execution – assure the smooth flow of process throughout the grant cycle.
- Maintain supportive and respectful communication with applicants and grantees;
- Work collaboratively with the Grants team to achieve and sustain best industry practice.
The position requires you to have exceptional strategic, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, plus strong attention to detail with at least 5 years’ experience in the philanthropic sector.
About the organisation
Building. Enabling. Leading.
Working for a strong, just and sustainable Victoria…..
Helen Macpherson Smith Trust is an independent philanthropic trust established by Helen Macpherson Schutt (née Smith) in 1951. On her passing, Helen left £275,000, the majority of her wealth, to establish a perpetual philanthropic trust to benefit Victoria. To date, HMSTrust has distributed $126 million in grants across a diverse range of projects and initiatives supporting Victorian communities.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: GRANTS ADVISOR via Pro Bono Australia.