About the role
- An opportunity to make a difference with a Christian based organisation
- Global Not for Profit
- Work with international artisans to bring their products to Australia
We are currently looking for a highly driven professional who is looking to make an impact through the procurement and marketing of goods for sale from our network of artisans in developing countries.
Working with the Department Manager the role requires you to assist in the sourcing, purchasing and importing of artisan goods for resale in our fundraising efforts.
Working in a fast paced environment, you will need an ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions within established frameworks.
This will include engaging with developing communities to source products for sale, provide feedback to the artisans of modifications to products to suite the local market and negotiation the purchase of goods under Fair Trade guidelines.
Areas of focus
The role will see you undertake market research on both product and competitors to accurately plan the product categories and guide the purchasing trips to relevant locations. You will be responsible for the sourcing of products for sale and negotiating within the guidelines set by the mission. Once secure you will collaborate with the marketing team to develop the product catalogue for distribution ensure clear and effective branding and messaging. In addition, working alongside the procurement team to ensure that resource levels are maintained, and revenue targets are being achieved.
Key Criteria of the role
- Purchasing, marketing and branding
- Product catalogue development and implementation
- Market research, product monitoring and reporting
- Brand management and communication
You will possess
- Tertiary education or equivalent experience in a marketing role or similar position
- Experience in a product buying/selection environment.
- Ability and experience in mainstream marketing, including product management.
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector
- Previous experience with Customer Relationship Systems (CRMs)
- Skills in using desktop publishing and/or graphic design using Adobe Creative Cloud or similar programs
- Experience with e-commerce platforms eg WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento etc
Your remuneration package that is designed to reward you for your efforts whilst being true to our mission includes generous super and applicable exempt fringe benefits. The position is for an initial 12-month contract.
About the organisation
The Leprosy Mission (TLM) is an international Christian organisation working towards the eradication of the causes and consequences of leprosy. We are a global network of organisations active in 34 countries around the world. We work in partnership with governments, local communities, health organisations, the World Health Organisation (WHO), local Government Organisations, Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), local churches, Christian partners and many others to achieve our vision of “Leprosy Defeated. Lives Transformed.”
Through resourcing and supporting our global networks, our mission strives to break the chains of leprosy, empowering people to obtain healing, dignity and life in all its fullness. A key function of our resourcing and fundraising activities is the sale of products and merchandise sourced globally from a network of artisans in developing countries through ethical Fair-Trade practices.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Purchasing and Marketing Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.