About the role
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation. Helping people is what inspires us every day and we are passionate about helping the most vulnerable members of society.
The dedicated and friendly Wesley Marketing team work collaboratively to define the overall positioning and communication of the Wesley Mission brand and support Wesley Mission centres in their profile building and promotional activities.
About the role
Reporting to the Marketing Manager Corporate and managing a small team, this role will draw on your extensive experience in corporate communications project delivery, with an emphasis on developing comprehensive communications strategies for internal & external audiences. Working in close collaboration with the marketing and public relations teams, you will also help to manage and facilitate communication to build internal engagement, support organisational initiatives and raising of Wesley Mission brand.
For success in this role you will have:
- strong writing skills with extensive experience in developing communication messaging to key audiences
- extensive experience leading the development of integrated communications strategies, planning and delivery
- high level capabilities partnering with internal stakeholders to define business communication needs and objectives, and crafting appropriate communication approaches and tactics
- exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- experience with corporate profile building, advocacy and facilitating PR opportunities
- demonstrated ability to project manage multiple communications initiatives with diverse stakeholders
- ability to think strategically & execute tactically
- a collaborative management style and flexible approach to mentoring and growing direct reports
- strong proficiency in MS Office
About the organisation
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply for this role
If this role excites you and you have what it takes to make it a success, we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com or call Cheryll on 0404 094 799 for a confidential chat.
No recruiters thank you.
Please quote in application: Senior Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.