About the role
Mackay & District Spinal Injuries believes in Enriching lives & supporting dreams.
Every person will have the opportunity to enjoy a fulfilling life within inclusive communities.
Embracing complexity and diversity, we listen, innovate and inspire change to enrich lives by having people’s hopes and dreams become a reality.
We are wondering… if this sounds like you?
- Believe that the simple, little things can make a big difference!
- Possess a genuine passion and care for going the extra mile for people
- Be reliable, flexible and committed
- Maintain exceptional professional standards of care and support
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and integrity in practice
- Have own reliable transport and an unrestricted licence
- Hold a positive notice yellow card or be willing to obtain
Key Selection Criteria (Important)
We appreciate you taking the time to read below!
- Certificate IV in Disability, Individual Support or similar (preferable) or other relevant qualification (e.g. nursing, social welfare and psychology)
- Possess and demonstrate sound disability or community service experience, knowledge and/or training relevant to the position (preferable)
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively as a team member
- Ability to maintain professionally written documentation, and highly developed computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications and software packages
- Ability to implement and evaluate individual plans and outcomes
- Able to work flexible hours 7 days per week including sleepover shifts, weekends and evenings
If you resonate with the above and meet the key selection criteria, then we would love to hear from you!
About the organisation
Mackay & District Spinal Injuries Association (MDSIA) has been providing services in the region for 40 years.
Individuals who access MDSIA’s services are free and independent to make their own choices, decisions and determine their own outcomes. Individuals control all aspects of their lives and MDSIA provides assistance to facilitate this.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Worker - Beautiful North Queensland via Pro Bono Australia.