About the role
Aboriginal Sector Support & Development Worker – Part-Time
Purpose of role
Aged and Community Services Australia (ACSA) is funded by the Commonwealth government to provide support and development activities to Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal community aged care services under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).
You will work with CHSP providers in Sydney’s inner west and south eastern suburbs to build organisation capacity and competency to enhance access to quality services for older Aboriginal and Torres Strait peoples.
As part of the Workforce & Industry Development (WID) team you will be based at the Rhodes office in Sydney and report to the Coordinator, Sector Support and Development NSW.
You will need:
- Proven experience managing/co-ordinating a CHSP or Home Care program
- Demonstrated success working alongside community aged care providers to achieve quality outcomes for older Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples
- Understanding of the aged care reforms and impact on CHSP providers
- To be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Current driver’s license and have access to a vehicle for occasional work use
The position is an identified Aboriginal position. Aboriginality is a genuine qualification authorised under Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination ACT 1977. However, non-Aboriginal people with relevant experience are also eligible to apply.
This position will be contracted to 30 June 2020, with the potential to be extended to June 2022. Remuneration package includes a salary sacrifice arrangement.
Enquiries should be directed to Ann Mehaffey on 02 87540400.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Sector Support & Development Worker via Pro Bono Australia.