About the role
Employment status: Full-time (part-time arrangements will be considered)
Employment period: Ongoing
Location: Canberra, ACT
- Excellent opportunity to work with a leading national peak organisation and to make a real difference in the broader community
- Excellent remuneration circa $90,000-$100,000 (negotiable) PLUS super PLUS salary packaging options
This position will play a pivotal role in assisting the National Policy Manager develop and deliver appropriate policy and advocacy strategies that support PCA’s response to the changing aged care policy environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake research and analysis to identify emerging issues for policy, planning and advice purposes related to aged care.
- Assist in preparing responses to Government inquiries, reviews, submissions and reports to promote quality care at the end of life for older Australians, including the Royal Commission into Aged Care Safety and Quality.
- Facilitate and support high quality sector engagement to inform policy development.
- Work within the broader policy team to ensure effective and ongoing engagement with the political process, government and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the production of reports, publications, submissions, position statements, briefing papers, responses to reports and conference papers as relevant to aged care and palliative care.
- Liaise and work with other aged care stakeholders to improve policy and resources to support health and aged care organisations to provide and improve palliative care.
To be successful in this role you will thrive on new challenges and be excited about the opportunity to demonstrate your energy, creativity, communication, interpersonal and policy capacities.
About the organisation
Palliative Care Australia (PCA) is the peak national organisation representing the interests and aspirations of all who share the ideal of quality care at the end of life.
Formed in 1991 as the Australian Association for Hospice and Palliative Care Inc. the organisation has grown to a full-scale national network with member organisations in each state and territory.
The positive, innovative, close-knit team at PCA works tirelessly to achieve optimal outcomes for every individual and ensure the highest quality of knowledge and care is provided to the community.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aged Care Policy Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.