About the role
- Full-time, fixed-term till 30 June 2022, the role is situated on St Kilda Road and is co-located at Alfred Health, operating across City of Stonington, Port Phillip and Glen Eira
- $69k salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Support and provide access for people with mental health issues, who are homeless or are at risk of homelessness
We are a values-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
Wellways’ Doorway Program is an innovative and evidence-based housing and recovery program that supports people experiencing mental health issues who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, in securing and sustaining a home within the private rental marker. Doorway is funded by the State Government of Victoria and is being delivered in partnership with various local hospitals. To view the Program details further please visit our website: https://www.wellways.org/our-services/doorway.
The Housing and Recovery Worker assists participants in finding a suitable, affordable home in the private rental market and supports skill-building to maintain tenancy, working through the participant’s recovery-related goals, finding employment and becoming involved in their local community. A unique opportunity where you will be required to adopt an active role in both facilitating tenancy matters, including monitoring the condition of the private rental property and identifying any maintenance issues.
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a social science or related discipline, or experience working in a recovery-oriented mental health environment
- Appropriate IT skills
- Current valid Driver’s Licence and the ability to undertake travel
- Experience working with people who have experienced homelessness
- Previous experience working in mental health, homelessness or related field
- Fortnightly pay
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Ongoing support in the role
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Right to work in Australia
- Victorian Working with Children Check-employment
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Assertive Outreach Housing and Recovery Worker via Pro Bono Australia.