About the role
An integral part of the Finance team the Assistant Accountant will provide finance support to the organisation and will be responsible for activities associated with supporting and monitoring the financials of the business. You will have good communication skills, strong technical accounting and system skills as well as internal stakeholder and time management expertise.
What you will be doing?
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inventory management, including placing, tracking and following up on orders
- Vendor management
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected timeframes
- Generating customer invoicing and following up on collections
- Performing monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Assisting with regular financial reporting, and
- Collaborating with others to complete administration support tasks.
So, what are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively while showing initiative and meeting individual KPIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, problem-solving and time management skills.
We would be excited if you have:
- Experience in procurement
Benefits – what’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package including generous NFP salary packaging options
- Commitment and support for professional development and career progression
- Vibrant, inspiring team who are committed to growing an organisation with social purpose.
About the organisation
We are a dynamic not-for-profit social enterprise operating businesses that ignite social inclusion through technology. We are seeking a high-energy, proactive accountant to join our Finance team.