About the role
As a key member of the Fund Development team, the Bequest Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a successful bequest program involving identification, cultivation and solicitation of bequest prospects and the stewardship of confirmed bequestors for the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute.
This is a part-time role working two days per week.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Identifying, cultivating and converting prospects through analysis of our Raisers Edge database
• Nurturing relationships with known bequestors and relevant intermediaries and ensuring appropriate communication and stewardship to all supporters
• Developing relationships with Solicitors and other estate planners to ensure they are aware of our bequest program
• Developing and implementing appropriate marketing communications across all channels that will inspire supporters to remember the Institute in their wills
• Maintaining accurate records of all activities and outcomes and developing appropriate departmental tracking and reporting
• Coordinating community liaison including public presentations to promote the bequest program including supporter tours, community functions and a program of tailored internal and external events
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with excellent communication and relationship management skills to join our growing team.
We would like to meet you if you have:
• Significant experience in a fundraising or marketing role or other area of customer service that requires excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Knowledge of fundraising or estate planning an advantage
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles of direct marketing
• Proven ability to be proactive and persistent
• Confident public presentation skills with excellent written and verbal communication
• High level of competency in Microsoft Office suite
• Sound database skills (Raisers Edge experience is highly desirable)
• Unrestricted Australian Driver’s License essential
What we offer:
• Salary packaging
• State of the art facilities
• Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
• Collaborative team environment
We strive to ensure our staff and students enjoy a great working environment. We value and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity and gender equity and promotes flexible working arrangements for staff to balance working requirements and personal needs.
Come and work with us & help make a difference.
About the organisation
The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is dedicated to finding cures for cardiovascular disease through world class medical research. Established in 1994, it is the legacy of legendary heart transplant surgeon Victor Chang. Renowned for the quality of its breakthroughs, the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is working to discover better ways to diagnose, treat and ultimately prevent the onset of heart disease.
How to apply for this role
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Bequest Manager via Pro Bono Australia.