About the role
- Use your analytical skills to make a genuine different to the lives of some of Australia’s most disadvantaged kids and families
- Work with a small and highly productive team
- Sydney CBD location
- Full Time Max Term
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Business Analyst, State and Territory Operations to join our growing team.
The Program Analytics and Reporting Team plays a vital role in providing the data and insights to inform The Smith Family’s program policy and practice. As a Business Analyst you will support the monitoring, evaluation and delivery of quality programs that have a long lasting impact on some of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and families.
A day in the life of the Business Analyst, State & Territory Operations, might look like this:
- Turning analysis into consumable and compelling information and insights.
- Helping key stakeholders to resolve queries, interpret key data points and insights.
- Create resources for non-technical users to increase the usage of reports and dashboards.
- Speaking with stakeholders to understand and translate their data and reporting needs.
- Interpreting data, trends or patterns of behaviour, analysing results; and making
It takes a special kind of person to be our Business Analyst, State & Territory Operations. You have
following skills and competencies:
- This role would suit candidates looking to further develop their skills in analysis, reporting and training stakeholders whilst gaining valuable business experience.
- Expertise in advance Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables)
- Strong knowledge of relational database and SQL scripting (preferable MS SQL Server
- Familiarity with Power BI or any equivalent analytical tool
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant
amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated experience in creating resources for training stakeholders.
- Preferable to have experience in training stakeholders to improve data literacy in using reporting tools.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume to Lee Grewal at Careers@thesmithfamily.com.au.
Closing date: Friday, 7 February 2020
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Business Analyst, State and Territory Operations via Pro Bono Australia.