About the role
GetUp is looking for a Campaigns Assistant to jump in and hit the ground running on a range of campaigns.
This is a fixed term contract ending on 29 May 2020. This role was conceived on a fixed term basis to cover a short term capacity gap. This is a full time position based in Sydney.
SCHADS classification Level 3 with salary range $64,009.40 – $66,889.16 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who is the Campaigns Team
GetUp’s Campaigns Team of talented campaigners lead the organisation’s work running campaigns that help create a more progressive Australia. The team prides itself on deep strategic thinking as well as the ability to seize crucial moments when taking immediate action can make a massive difference. We recognise that affected communities are at the heart of our work and we are always looking for ways to apply a strong rights and social justice lense to our campaigning.
Our days are filled with analysing the political state of play, developing long-term and rapid-fire strategy, engaging with politicians, media and affected communities, spotting the right moment to intervene, running impactful tactics including everything from protests to undercover investigations, writing hard-hitting copy, and coming up with creative ways to give our members the best chance for impact.
As a Campaigns Assistant at GetUp, you will be responsible for:
- Drafting campaign content;
- Administering the website backend;
- Drafting and moderating social media content;
- Reviewing and responding to member correspondence;
- Monitoring the latest news and developments;
- Contributing to campaign research, planning and evaluation;
- Assisting campaigns teams to execute campaigns and meet their goals;
- Supervising volunteers as required.
You will be someone who has/is:
- a deeply held commitment to social justice who is passionate about creating progressive change on a wide range of issues;
- has demonstrated communication skills, adept at thinking through complex issues and communicating them simply and clearly;
- works independently on a range of tasks and projects and takes initiative doing whatever it takes to get the job done;
- strong digital skills and a willingness to learn new technologies, and who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment;
- is a team player who is always bringing off-the-wall, creative ideas to the table; and
- at least two years professional experience working in an office environment.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in GetUp-style online campaigning;
- Experience in crowdfunded fundraising;
- Experience working in the media cycle; and
- Being a politics nerd.
About the organisation
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of everyday people. We combine the power of over one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, First Nations Justice and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Campaigns Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.