About the role
oin Melbourne’s most progressive housing and homelessness organisation
- Permanent, Full-time role
- Great St Kilda location, close to public transport, shops and cafes
- Salary: $70,792.20 per annum + Super
Who are we?
Launch Housing has an ambitious and singular mission to end homelessness. We aim to get people housed, keep them housed, and be an influential voice on ending homelessness. Launch Housing is a secular, independent provider of choice for clients and the ‘go to’ organisation on homelessness for government, media, philanthropy, private donors and the community.
What Can We Offer You?
- Working for a values-based organisation with a clear mission and vision
- Salary packaging
- Wellbeing days (on top of annual leave)
- Flexible work options available and work-life balance actively encouraged through
- Purchased Leave options
Reporting to the Southern Tenancy Plus Coordinator, the role of the Case Manager is to provide case management support to public housing and or community tenants and residents who are vulnerable to housing breakdown or those at risk of homelessness.
We are currently seeking an individual with case management, or related, experience who can manage a diverse and complex caseload using an outreach based support model of service delivery and case management model approach which includes assessment, case planning, case coordination and liaison to join our Tenancy Plus South, St Kilda Team. The Case Manager provides direct practical support and assist clients to access safe, affordable, appropriate and sustainable housing by providing specialist tenancy support and advocacy to sustain tenancies, in relation to; VCAT hearings, rent arrears, hoarding, antisocial behavior and other relevant tenancy matters.
Essential Experiences and Skills Required:
- Must have demonstrated experience in case-management (including knowledge of assessment, case planning, case co-ordination and liaison)
- Self-motivated and should have ability to work under specific direction in an unsupervised environment.
- Experience working alone in an outreach capacity and providing direct support, assistance and advocacy to clients is highly desirable.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
To send an application and to download a copy of the position description please click the apply now button to visit our careers page. If you would like additional information regarding this role, please contact Phoebe Erickson on 0447 874 240.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police check. Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as unique expertise, and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.
Please quote in application: Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.