About the role
Join our Team to make a difference to the lives of Aboriginal Children and Families
- Northern/Eastern/Western/Southern Suburb and Gippsland – Expression Of Interest
- Multiple positions available
- Salary- $60,000- $80,000 (Plus super and salary packaging)
- Full time positions
The Caseworker/Senior Caseworkers forms part of a multidisciplinary team of qualified and experienced staff from a range of professional backgrounds.
The Caseworker/Senior Caseworkers will act as the key point of contact for the family, care team and related service network for each allocated case. In addition, the role will play a lead role in the initial engagement, assessment and planning processes for each family.
The Caseworker/Senior Caseworkers will be required to provide holistic, culturally safe, trauma-informed and strengths-based casework support for Aboriginal families with complex needs who are referred to the program, including case planning, service coordination and direct services.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation’s vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- A sound understanding of the principles of casework practice, with a demonstrated capacity to:
- Actively engage with families that may be unwilling to receive services; build confidence, motivate and sustain change and influence positive outcomes; undertake quality assessments and coordinate planning processes; and undertake quality case recording, data reporting and file management.
- A high level interpersonal and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to: provide information and feedback to Aboriginal children and families in ways that are constructive, respectful of Aboriginal styles of learning and sensitive to the needs of individuals with learning difficulties; and effectively advocate on behalf of families.
- A demonstrated commitment to establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with families, colleagues, government departments, sector partners and the Aboriginal Community
Application deadline is Thursday 23rd January 2020
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta on 9287 8838
To send an application and to download a copy of the position description please click the apply now button to visit our careers page.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Case Worker/Senior Case Worker Expression of Interest via Pro Bono Australia.