About the role
- Exciting opportunity for a Caseworker with a background in working with clients who have experienced domestic and family violence (DFV)
- Leading Not For Profit Organisation
- Flexible Full-Time OR Part-time working option available
- Fixed-term contract until 30 June 2020, with a possibility of extension
- Based in Dee Why, NSW
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
This role is flexible, and can be offered as a Full-time position or as a Part-time position working 3 days per week, (Wednesday to Friday) and is based in Dee Why, NSW. This is a fixed-term role until 30 June 2020 with the possibility of extension.
About the role:
This role focuses on providing a client centred, integrated casework support service of high standards to clients within our Male Victims of Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) Support Service. The service is funded by the NSW Justice Department and is a telephone referral service that aims to assist with a range of support services and interventions for men who have experienced DFV. This is a phone-based caseworker support role.
Some of the responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Provide quality case management and therapeutic support to men who have experienced DFV
- Conduct risk assessments, identify short term needs to ensure client safety, implement safety action plans
- Work with clients to develop goals and outcomes
- Timely data entry and management of records
- Attend and represent clients at local Safety Action Meetings (SAM)
- Work as part of a team within the organisation as well as work collaboratively with other service providers
About the successful candidate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Welfare, Social Sciences, Psychology, Humanities or other relevant disciplines, or equivalent knowledge and experience working in these areas
- Demonstrated relevant case management and clinical expertise
- Understanding of the issues and needs of men who have experienced DFV
- Understanding of the NSW Justice System and Safer Pathways which is a new model of service delivery for DFV clients developed as part of the NSW Government DFV Framework for reform
- Ability to provide quality casework management and coordination, develop tailored case plans and coordinate referrals to suit client need
- Experience in providing representation and advocacy in coordinating multi-service access
- Ability to collaborate effectively and develop partnerships with key
service providers within government and non-government organisations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – including verbal and
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills including computer literacy, data entry, and record-keeping skills
- Current class C NSW Driver’s Licence
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Caseworker via Pro Bono Australia.