About the role
- Exciting opportunity for a Caseworker with a background in working with clients who have experienced experienced domestic and family violence (DFV)
- Leading Not For Profit Organisation
- Fixed-term contract until 30 June 2020, with a possibility of extension
- Part time work – Tuesday to Friday
- Based in Broadmeadow, NSW
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Caseworker to provide a client centred, integrated casework support services of high standard to clients within our Male Victims of Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) Support Service. The service is funded by the NSW Justice Department, and is a telephone referral service that aims to assist with a range of support services and interventions for men who have experienced DFV. This is a phone based caseworker support role.
This is a fixed term contract role, until 30 June 2020, with a possibility of extension. This is a part-time position, working 4 days per week (Tuesday to Friday) based in Broadmeadow, NSW.
About the role:
This role focuses on providing a client centred, integrated casework support service of high standard to clients within our Male Victims of Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) Support Service. The service is funded by the NSW Justice Department, and is a telephone referral service that aims to assist with a range of support services and interventions for men who have experienced DFV. This is a phone based caseworker support role.
Some of the responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Provide quality referral and assessment support to men who have experienced DFV;
- Conduct risk assessments, identify short term needs to ensure client safety, implement safety action plans;
- Work with clients to develop goals and outcomes;
- Timely data entry and management of records;
- Attend and represent clients at local Safety Action Meetings (SAM);
- Work as part of a team within the organisation as well as work collaboratively with other service providers.
About the successful candidate
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Social Welfare, Social Sciences, Psychology, Humanities or other relevant disciplines, or equivalent knowledge and experience working in these areas;
- Demonstrated relevant case management and clinical expertise;
- Understanding of the issues and needs of men who have experienced DFV;
- Understanding of the NSW Justice System and Safer Pathways which is a new model of service delivery for DFV clients developed as part of the NSW Government DFV Framework for reform.
- Ability to provide quality casework management and coordination, develop tailored case plans and coordinate referrals to suit client need;
- Experience in providing representation and advocacy in coordinating multi-service access;
- Ability to collaborate effectively and develop partnerships with key service providers within government and non-government organisations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – including verbal and written abilities;
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills including computer literacy, data entry and record keeping skills;
- Current class C NSW Driver’s Licence.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Candidates MUST apply online and answer the role selection criteria’s. For more information about the role and to apply, click on the APPLY NOW button:
RANSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal Australians are encouraged to apply. Through our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), we aim to drive greater equality by practical actions to increase employment opportunities, and build strong and respectful relationships between Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal Australians. RANSW’s RAP can be found at: http://www.relationshipsnsw.org.au/about-us/stretch-reconciliation-action-plan/
RANSW recognises the importance of a healthy work-life balance. We work hard to promote a supportive work environment and we have a strong focus on professional development. We offer a range of benefits including salary packaging that provides significant tax-free benefits.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON WEDNESDAY 29 JANUARY 2020
Please quote in application: Caseworker – Safer Pathway via Pro Bono Australia.