About the role
The Board and Chair of RESULTS are seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer as our current
CEO relocates to the UK to rejoin family.
The CEO will lead the organisation to achieve the strategic objectives, as described in the Strategic
plan. These include to maintain and enhance reputation and credibility of the organisation, diversify
income streams and secure new supporters and volunteers.
A key aspect is responsibility for growing impact in RESULTS advocacy to the Commonwealth
government to grow investment in global programs that fund child immunisation; tuberculosis
prevention, diagnosis and treatment; child nutrition and education and thereby help to bring an end
to poverty worldwide.
The CEO leads and motivates a team of 5 high calibre staff and around 50 volunteers. They will
maintain and build current strong, positive national & and international NGO & NFP and industry
partnerships to achieve RESULTS goals.
The CEO will inspire and motivate staff and volunteers, and build strong, positive, and enduring
national and international NFP and industry partnerships to achieve RESULTS goals.
This role presents a unique opportunity to lead a well-established, well respected organisation on its
next steps towards growth and sustainability. The CEO will shape the way RESULTS develops its
influence and secures funding investments in multi-national health, child nutrition & education
programs that will reduce and eliminate extreme poverty worldwide.
1. Provide strategic leadership for RESULTS Australia
● Work with the Board to develop organisational strategy.
● Achieve RESULTS’ vision and mission through effective leadership
2. Provide organisational leadership
● Translate RESULTS’ strategic plan into annual business plans with clear Key Performance
Indicators for all staff
● Lead staff and volunteers to effectively implement the strategy and annual plans
● Ensure staff have clear work plans and Key Performance Indicators, and are provided with
appropriate induction, training and development to effectively achieve their goals and personal
● Delegate campaign & advocacy management and event activities to staff teams across the areas
of fundraising, media & communications.
● Grow & diversify volunteer base & delegate management to staff
● Ensure all activities are effectively monitored and evaluated for impact and outcomes
● Monitor external and internal environments to assess risk and implement mitigants
● Manage staff and volunteers, plan staff succession and future capacity required to deliver the
● Provide a safe and healthy workplace for staff
3. Provide financial leadership
● Develop an annual grant and organisational budget with staff, Treasurer, and Finance Committee
● Grow non-grant income through fundraising supported by Board & Committees
● Work with the Treasurer and the financial service provider to manage income & expenditure
with appropriate processes and procedures
● Ensure the financial service provider produces timely and accurate financial reports for the CEO
& Treasurer to deliver to the Board
4. Provide effective public representation for RESULTS
● Act as RESULTS lead public representative enhancing the agency’s standing and public profile
● Lead and facilitate development of effective and respectful relationships with key external and
internal partners including RESULTS and ACTION Partnerships at an international level,
government, local partner organisations, and financial supporters of RESULTS
● Ensure the development and implementation of a coherent and coordinated campaign program
to advance RESULTS aims
5. Provide Accountability and Transparency to Stakeholders
● Ensure regular, effective communication and interaction with RESULTS members and volunteers
● Provide monthly and annual organisational and financial reports in a timely way to the Board,
international partners, ACNC and to acquit fundraising licences
● Ensure that risk management processes are in place
● Ensure full and timely compliance with all regulatory, accountability and contractual obligations
including alignment with applicable clauses of the ACFID Code of Conduct
CEO reports to the Board of RESULTS and liaises with the Chairman and is responsible for reporting
against grant funding to RESULTS International USA
North Sydney, NSW
● A decisive, energetic, empowering and inspiring leader of staff and volunteers
● Energy, stamina and resilience
● Ability & willingness to undertake regular interstate and international travel
● Outcome focused
● Demonstrated values in line with RESULTS vision, mission and values
● Flexible & able to respond to change quickly
● Tertiary qualifications in business, international development or management essential
● Knowledge of the Aid and Development sector is desirable
● Excellent government relations & advocacy skills & experience in campaign leadership
● Organisational leadership & management skills with a demonstrated ability to inspire & motivate
● Highly skilled & confident public speaker and presenter
● Financial management & budgeting skills
● High Level collaborative, relationship building & networking skills
The following skills are desirable:
● Experience in growing & diversifying revenue
● Monitoring & evaluation
● At least five years senior leadership experience in a campaigns/Advocacy role is essential
● At least three years’ experience leading and managing teams
● Experience in strategic planning and reporting
The following experience is desirable:
● Leadership & management of a volunteer program
● Experience working with and reporting directly to a board
● Experience managing international grants & donor reporting
Employment is on a contract basis which will be renewed subject to funding and a satisfactory
performance review. This is a full-time role based in North Sydney. It requires regular interstate and
some international travel, and meetings out of normal business hours on a regular basis.
About the organisation
RESULTS International (Australia) Incorporated (RESULTS, www.results.org.au ) is a secular,
non-partisan, grassroots advocacy organisation that engages passionate, committed Australians to
Volunteer, and advocate to bring an end to poverty.
RESULTS volunteers receive training, support, and inspiration to become skilled advocates. In time,
they learn to effectively inform policy makers, on global programs and initiatives that improve access
to health, child nutrition and education for those living in extreme poverty worldwide.
Backed by in-depth research and the political and policy expertise of staff, RESULTS advocates realise
the incredible power they possess and use their voices to change the world.
RESULTS is a member of both RESULTS and ACTION partnerships globally, is registered as a charity
with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC) and is incorporated as an
association with the New South Wales Department of Fair Trading (NSW-OFT). RESULTS is also an
Affiliate member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and complies to its
Code of Conduct where applicable to RESULTS work.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.