About the role
- A strong commitment to develop and support Child Protection Practitioners
- Work collaboratively with your team to strengthen case practice and to provide effective service delivery
- Highly rewarding career opportunities
Being a Child Protection Practitioner means making real change to the lives of our community’s most vulnerable children and families. A career in child protection will provide a range of professional pathways that support your personal growth and development.
We offer a supportive team approach, quality supervision with great training and development.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for experienced child protection/child and family welfare professionals to join our child protection teams.
Key responsibilities include
- Assessing children and young people who are in need of protection
- Conducting risk assessments and investigations
- Working collaboratively with families, community services organisations and other professionals to develop and implement effective plans for children
- Managing complex cases, problem solving and presenting matters to the Children’s Court of Victoria as required
- Be responsible for supporting and developing Child Protection Practitioners in the integration of theory and practice while demonstrating your expertise through case practice
- Working collaboratively with the Team Manager to strengthen case practice
- Provide effective service delivery and support other practitioners
To be a child protection practitioner you need a current and valid driver’s licence and a recognised Social Work degree or a similar welfare or behavioural related degree.
Make the decision to pursue a fulfilling professional career and make a difference in vulnerable children’s lives.
- Child Protection Practitioner (CPP3) $67,866 to $82,404
- Advanced Child Protection Practitioner (CPP4) $84,019 to $95,329
- Team Manager and Senior Child Protection Practitioner (CPP5) $96,942 to $117,293
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For more information about the role descriptions of Child Protection Practitioners at different levels, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://childprotectionjobs.dhhs.vic.gov.au/roles/role-descriptions.
Please quote in application: Child Protection Practitioners via Pro Bono Australia.