About the role
Multidisciplinary Community Integration Program position
- Full time, ongoing OT3, SW3 or RPN4 position
- Reference number 12671
- Based in Ravenhall Correctional Centre
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria. We deliver recovery-focused programs to consumers with serious mental illnesses across the Victorian justice system, mental health sector, and the community–from early intervention and prevention, to inpatient care, rehabilitation, and community transition support.
Our services are delivered through:
- Thomas Embling Hospital: a secure mental health hospital
- Prison mental health services throughout Victoria
- Community Forensic Mental Health Service
We also work in partnership with Swinburne University of Technology through the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science to deliver a forensic mental health research program, specialist training, and ongoing professional education.
Completed in 2017, the new medium-security men’s prison is located in Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne’s west, providing world-class forensic mental health services in Victoria in a purpose-built state of the art facility developed to international best practice standards.
About the role:
The Community Integration (CIP) program provides identified patients with a serious mental illness leaving Ravenhall Correctional Centre with short-term mental health support, and assistance in linking with external services. The focus is on re-connecting the patient with their local Area Mental Health Service (AMHS).
The CIP Clinician role focuses on ensuring the identified patients receive appropriate mental health care upon their release, and are appropriately linked with other supports such as AMHS, NGOs, primary health providers and other relevant community support services.
The CIP Clinician works collaboratively with GEO Custodial Case Managers and Transition and Reintegration and Correct Care Australasia staff in developing discharge/release plans for identified patients.
- Provide high quality intensive outreach as part of a patient’s integration into the community following release from RCC.
- Provide high quality assessment and intervention for high risk clients in the community, including the formulation of initial and ongoing risk assessments of patients.
- Foster and maintain professional relationships with AMHS, NGOs, other key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients that respect patient choices, experiences and circumstances; enhancing strengths, hope and resilience in the promotion of Recovery.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience within mental health, preferably recent experience in community mental health setting or a demonstration of significant and extensive experience working within a secondary/tertiary mental health service.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer Recovery, including the modelling and leading of Recovery focused initiatives.
- Commitment to and demonstrated ability in working collaboratively and effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience and competency in planning, implementing and evaluating complex case management interventions with people with serious mental illnesses.
- Knowledge of community based resources, including drug and alcohol and accommodation services.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing or equivalent (nursing only)
- Approved degree in Occupational Therapy recognised for membership of OT Australia – Australian Association of Occupational Therapists (Occupational Therapists only)
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulations Agency (AHPRA) (Nursing and OT only)
- Approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (Social Workers)
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions & leave entitlements
- Bonus payment for relevant postgrad qualifications <clinical only>
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: gym and pool access <some locations, delete if not relevant>, Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
Forensicare (the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health) is the leading provider of forensic mental health services across Victoria.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: CIP Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.