About the role
- Reports to the Empowerment Pathways Program Manager
- Partime Position (0.6 EFT)
- 12 month Fixed term position (with potential to extend)
- Competitive staff benefits
- Footscray based
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is a leading advocacy organisation for people seeking asylum. We are a value-driven organisation that strives to be part of a movement that helps people seeking asylum by providing direct services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services. We campaign and lobby with our sector to drive law reform and policy change.
About The Role
As part of the Empowerment Pathways Program Team, we are looking to recruit a Community Engagement & Development Coordinator who can facilitate our members’ community engagement and transition by providing an inclusive environment for them to socialize and immerse within the Australia society. Working in a close team of coordinators the role will oversee a group of volunteers who assist in the organisation and coordination of the programs to our members.
As a someone who is passionate in driving community focused initiatives and a natural stakeholder (internal and external) manager with exceptional presentation skills you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience working in a community/international development role.
- Ability to develop, implement, and monitor & evaluate programs
- Exceptional oral, written, and administrative communication skills.
- Experience in volunteer management and coordination
Be a part of the change by working with a leading independent non for profit within the Asylum Seeker and Refugee sector. We recognise and appreciate our incredible staff for their contribution, dedication and passion to support and empower those seeking asylum by providing the following conditions above the award*:
- Rostered Days off (1 per month)
- Generous Leave (Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%, 22 days of personal leave, 8 days compassionate leave, 12 weeks parental leave after 1 year of service)
- Bonus paid leave at Christmas (at times and dates determined by the ASRC )
- Free lunch daily
- Free onsite parking
- Salary Packaging (up to $15, 899 per year tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2, 000 per year tax free)
- 100 metres from Footscray station and buses
**stated as FTE benefits, where applicable these will be pro-rata for part-time employees
Please find the Position Description here to address the Selection Criteria:
Only applications that addresses the Selection Criteria within a Covering Letter, includes a CV and three professional referees will be considered.
Applications close Thursday 30th January 2020
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement
For further inquiries regarding the role, please contact Veronica Sabo email@example.com or 03 9326 6066.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Community Engagement & Development Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.