About the role
A rewarding role making a difference to the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged clients within Gippsland.
- Flexible location in Gippsland or Bass Coast Shire
- An opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to social justice and human rights
- Full-time, limited term position (6 months)
Community Lawyer, provides essential legal services to vulnerable people in our Gippsland community. The role is for a six month period.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need to:
- hold a practising certificate under the Legal Profession Uniform Law Application Act 2014.
- undertake or appropriately refer a range of legal work relevant to disadvantaged clients.
- work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma; and
- have a commitment to the promotion of social justice and human rights.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
Gippsland Community Legal Service (GCLS) is a non-profit service of Anglicare Victoria. The mission of GCLS is to improve access to justice for all members of the Gippsland Community by providing legal advice and advocacy, empowering individuals and groups through community education, and to remove systemic injustice by advocating for law reform.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this position you will need to complete the online application. You will be requested to attach your resume and your responses to the Key Selection Criteria as separate documents.
For further enquiries contact Team Leader, Lorraine on 03 51359555 or via email at Lorraine.Murray@anglicarevic.org.au.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Please quote in application: Community Lawyer via Pro Bono Australia.