About the role
YOUR NEW ROLE
As the Community Nurse – Aged Care you will be responsible for:
- Working as part of an established multidisciplinary team to enhance the independence, wellness and dignity of older people
- Undertaking in-home nursing health assessments (including physiological, psychological, sociological and spiritual), continence assessments and medication management reviews
- Using evidence based practice to identify treatment options that promote self-care and active and healthy ageing
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Registered nurse qualification – Division 1 Registered Nurse
- Understanding and knowledge of the Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Packages
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking health assessments, goal directed care plans and reviews.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a wider multidisciplinary team and health professionals
WHAT WE OFFER
The position sits within the Healthy Ageing and Home Care team and will work across and in collaboration with a range of services offering holistic care and support to older community members.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
About the organisation
YOUR NEW ORGANISATION
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
How to apply for this role
If this position piques your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website.
If you would like to review the position description or have any questions about the role please refer to our Career Portal for further information
Merri Health will only accept applications that are submitted via our Career Portal at https://merrihealth.mercury.com.au/
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
Applications close by 23 January 2020, 5pm.
Please quote in application: Community Nurse via Pro Bono Australia.