About the role
About the Role
The incoming Community Programs Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of the Craig Family Centre’s Neighbourhood House and Community Development programs and activities in accordance with the CFC Strategic Plan, and under the direction of the Executive Director. Our Purpose: We strive to ensure that individuals and families of all kinds are respected by, connected with and engaged in our local community.
• We Value Diversity
• We Work Inclusively •
We Are Respectful •
We Foster Sustainable Practices
You have a strong sense of community development and value interacting with members of the community to deliver programs and activities that have been designed collaboratively. You are highly motivated and can work autonomously yet understand the importance of working with a team. You have excellent stakeholder relations skills.
• Support the Executive Director (ED) in developing strategic direction, policies and procedures in relation to community programs.
• Provide leadership in the local Ashburton community, ensuring the needs of the local community are recognised and responded to, in a collaborative approach.
• Develop community programs and activities in response to identified community needs, focusing on supporting diverse groups and demographics in the local Ashburton community.
• Recruit and coordinate any community program staff and volunteers to run the suite of CFC community programs and activities.
• Ensure programs and activities are designed to increase people’s independence and social interaction with other members of the community, whilst ensuring the CFC is working within Victoria’s and Boroondara’s Neighbourhood House Coordination Funding guidelines.
• Plan and coordinate all community programs in accordance with CFC quality, risk and delegated budget requirements.
• Develop and review internal systems and processes relating to data collection, quality and risk management reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
• Suitable tertiary qualifications in Community Development, Business or other relevant field; and/or a combination of relevant experience, expertise and competence.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a Neighbourhood House or similar local government community program.
• Knowledge and experience of current trends and policy related to Neighbourhood House and Community Development programs.
• Experience in financial and reporting procedures within an Incorporated Association.
• Demonstrable understanding of strategic planning, HR & IR law, occupational health & safety.
• Proven experience in managing and leading staff and / or volunteers.
• Experience in working effectively with a broad range of community stakeholders.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Current driver licence and access to a reliable and comprehensively insured motor vehicle.
The Community Programs Coordinator will be required to use their own vehicle for which they will be reimbursed as per the Neighbourhood Houses and Adult Community Education Centre’s Collective Agreement. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the SCHADS AWARD. Salary and Hours will be negotiable dependant on qualifications and experience.
Applications close 24 January 2020.
For enquiries and a confidential discussion regarding this position, please call Bob on 0428 131 634
SPECIAL CONDITIONS Confirmation of an offer of employment will be subject to the Executive Director being satisfied with the results of pre-employment background checks including:
• Reference checks
• Evidence of qualifications and licences
• Working With Children Check
• National Police Records Check
About the organisation
Founded on principles of social equity and inclusion for all, The Craig Family Centre (‘The Craig’) offers a range of programs and services including neighbourhood house and community development, early learning including occasional care, kindergarten and playgroup in the Ashburton area. We are co-located with Access Health and Maternal and Child Health and service integration is a key service delivery feature of our Centre. As an incorporated association governed by a Committee of Management, the ‘Craig’ is dedicated to providing the very best in early education in a safe and nurturing environment to ensure every child can make a positive start. Our community programs equally thread the same ethos through every stage of life.
How to apply for this role
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter addressing the key selection criteria and a current CV with contact details for three current referees. Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to: Peter Sizeland, Acting Executive Director, The Craig Family Centre via email@example.com
Please quote in application: Community Programs Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.