About the role
A rewarding role providing advice and information to vulnerable and disadvantaged clients within Gippsland.
- Flexible location in Gippsland or Bass Coast Shire
- An opportunity to increase awareness and legal rights for members of the community and improve access to the legal system
- Part-time, limited term position (9 months)
The Community Support Lawyer, provides essential legal services to vulnerable people in our Gippsland community. This role includes overseeing and mentoring junior lawyers and providing direct guidance in the delivery of legal advice when the Principal Lawyer is absent. The role is ongoing with negotiable hours days or hours.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need to:
- hold an unsupervised practising certificate under the Legal Profession Uniform Law Application Act 2014.
- undertake or appropriately refer a range of legal work relevant to disadvantaged clients.
- work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma; and
- have a commitment to the promotion of social justice and human rights.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
Gippsland Community Legal Service (GCLS) is a non-profit service of Anglicare Victoria. The mission of GCLS is to improve access to justice for all members of the Gippsland Community by providing legal advice and advocacy, empowering individuals and groups through community education, and to remove systemic injustice by advocating for law reform.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Support Lawyer via Pro Bono Australia.