About the role
- PART TIME (4 DAYS PER WEEK)
- NOT FOR PROFIT
- INNER WEST LOCATION
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of these lands and waters and we welcome the opportunity to learn more about Aboriginal people of Australia. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and appreciate applications from its members.
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with people with a refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability, youth and children and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
SSI draws on its expertise and experience to advocate for the people and communities it serves. Through the work we do, we empower people to change their lives. Through our advocacy and representation, we influence ideas and policy.
This is an exciting role that offers true breadth across the scope of legal, risk, compliance and governance with exposure to the Board and Executive team. You will work as part of a close-knit team to manage day-to-day secretarial requirements and periodic compliance review of all key frameworks and regulations. You will report to the GM Corporate Services, work closely with the Office of the CEO and other key stakeholders to:
- Provide management and Board with advice on compliance with regulatory requirements and new developments is ASIC, ACNC and Corporations law.
- Ensure compliance with ACNC and ASIC listing rules, and Corporation law regulations.
- Manage relationships with external regulators and relevant bodies.
- Maintain statutory records and ACNC / ASIC lodgements.
- Preparation of corporate governance principles and plans, implementation of corporate governance programs and acting as the regulatory reporting liaison (ASIC, ACNC fundraising bodies etc). Ensure appropriate retention of documents and records.
- Manage all Board committee and Board papers and attend / minute meetings.
- Ensure Board, AGM and other governance meetings are held in accordance with the company’s constitution and other regulatory requirements.
- Attend Board and Board Sub-committee meetings and preparing minutes.
- Minutes circulated to board members for their review and manage action item register.
- Develop and streamline systems and procedures around company secretarial processes.
To be successful in the role you will have the relevant legal and formal qualifications to hold the role of Company Secretary, demonstrated experience and commitment to the high governance standards from the Governance Institute of Australia (GIA) and an active member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD). You will also possess the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Company Secretary or similar within a Not for Profit environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including confident stakeholder management at all levels including senior executive and boards.
- Strong drafting, proof reading, minute taking skills.
- Excellent technical skills working with the ACNC/ ASIC rules and Corporations Act.
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
Our workplace reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic selves to work. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices and abilities of our employees.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email or call 02 8799 6700 and ask for the talent team.
Applications close date: 22 January 2020
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/c2Fy1tslshc” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Company Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.