About the role
We are a dynamic team passionate about engaging the supporters Mission Australia needs to help disadvantaged Australians have a brighter future.
As our dedicated Content Coordinator, you will develop compelling content that deepens the relationship with our supporters to achieve fundraising targets and support the marketing of Mission Australia’s services.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications, and working alongside the Content Manager, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the planning of fundraising and marketing content:
- Gather and analyse fundraising and marketing content-related insights
- Contribute to content planning in conjunction with stakeholders
- Develop fundraising and marketing content:
- Liaise closely with front-line service staff to source compelling stories that drive donations, demonstrate the impact our supporters are making and encourage clients to access our services
- Collaborate with in-house designers to develop creative concepts and communications that inform, involve, and engage target audiences and deliver to content strategies/briefs
- Coordinate Mission Australia’s social media community on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Work with stakeholders to re-purpose relevant content across multiple audiences, including corporate partners, individual supporters, schools and churches, and people who access our services
- Follows systems and processes that facilitate a consistent brand tone of voice
- Support the marketing communications needs of Mission Australia services
Requirements for Success
- Significant copywriting experience with fundraising experience highly desirable
- Significant experience writing for social media and engaging with social media communities
- Degree qualification in journalism, communications or marketing
- Strong knowledge of marketing and communications concepts and trends
- Excellent copywriting, editing and content creation ability – a natural story-teller, combining words and imagery that leave a lasting impression and motivate action
- Experience writing content to attract and engage people needing the support of community services
- Experience producing biblically sound content that engages Christians and churches
- Strong relationship management skills and the skills to inspire, influence and work collaboratively with range of stakeholders including the CEO and Executives
- The talent to create content that is appropriate for target audiences and channels while reflecting the brand’s personality and tone of voice
- The confidence and ability to leverage the creative tension between copy and design to create truly compelling content
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Parental leave and the ability to purchase additional leave
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP and access to Chaplaincy support
- Volunteering and development opportunities
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organisation
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
How to apply for this role
To be considered for this opportunity, please click apply and send your cover letter and resume today.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via PD - Content Coordinator.pdf, visit Working for Mission Australia or if you have any further questions about the position, please contact Phil Chapman (Senior Manager, Communications) by calling 0467 784 221.
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a national criminal history check and working with children check.
Applications close midnight, Monday 27 January 2020.
Please quote in application: Content Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.