About the role
~ Help shape the future of private sector conservation ~
As the organisation enters an exciting new phase, we are seeking a talented and motivated professional to play a key role in our Development (fundraising) team. Based in Sydney, the role will suit a talented early career professional who wishes to be part of a high performing team dedicated to delivering important outcomes for Australia.
AWC is funded primarily by tax-deductible donations from major donors and the general public. This is predominantly a front-facing fundraising role, but you also need to be skilled at back-office operations. You will build and manage your own portfolio of donors. Your key responsibilities will also include co-ordinating a program of bespoke supporter events in remote locations around Australia as well as functions in major cities. You will require:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (a winning personality!), including experience engaging with high net worth individuals, corporate and government officials.
- Exceptional communication skills including evidence of strong verbal and written skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills including the ability to co-ordinate and manage complex events.
- A passion for saving Australia’s wildlife and a strong work ethic.
- A willingness to travel to capital cities and to AWC sanctuaries.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the ongoing growth of an innovative, successful organisation which is helping shape the future of conservation in Australia. An attractive remuneration package is available for a candidate with suitable professional, commercial or fundraising experience.
For a full position description for this role, please see the supporting attachment or visit our careers page: australianwildlife.org/work-with-awc/careers/
About the organisation
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife across more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Lake Eyre. With a focus on practical land management and world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation. Our core business is protecting threatened species, such as the Bilby, the Gouldian Finch and the Numbat.
How to apply for this role
Enquiries: Sarah McKenna, Senior Development Executive / (02) 9324 4209 / email@example.com
Send a detailed covering letter outlining your suitability for this role, a copy of your CV and a sample of persuasive writing that you have written (ie. grant application, business case, or similar) – in one document (noting where you saw the advertisement) – to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time
To learn more about AWC, please visit our website: www.australianwildlife.org/
Please quote in application: Development Executive (fundraising) via Pro Bono Australia.