About the role
The role of the Digital Marketing and Communications Officer is a dynamic position requiring the ability to utilise skills with creativity and flexibility. The Officer reports to the CEO and is a critical member of the St Francis Social Services Team. The position the following key functions:
- Develop and deliver digital resource strategies increasing financial support while cultivating existing relationships.
- Develop a strategy to coordinate engaging content delivery to grow the supporter base.
- Oversee consistency in communication language and branding.
- Refresh, maintain and update the SFSS website.
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, marketing, journalism or other related field.
- 3+ years in a donor management role demonstrating the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with donors and supporters to grow revenue and donor base.
- Experience in organising digital content, good understanding of the principles of developing engaging content and experience of running social media campaigns.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills across a variety of settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment.
- Ability to work with various church and community groups without discrimination.
- Strong support for the culture and mission of SFSS and the ability to work in a team culture of service to others which is consistent with Catholic social teaching.
- Experience within the not for profit sector as an employee or volunteer.
- Demonstrated understanding of policy framework and issues encountered by disadvantaged young people and their families and refugees and asylum seekers in Australia.
- Driver’s licence.
Applicants will be subject to a Working with Children Check and the National Criminal Record Check.
Evidence of rights to work in Australia will be required.
For further information about the position contact Maurizio Vespa on 02 9331 2691.
Three months probationary period.
This position requires occasional use of a private vehicle with compensation paid according to ATO suggested rates. Occasional out of hours work will be required with time in lieu arrangements in place.
$75,000 to $83,000 pro rata + super
4 weeks annual leave pro rata
Generous benevolent institution salary packaging available.
About the organisation
Established in 1978, St Francis Social Services exists to uphold the intrinsic dignity of each person by providing support and advocacy to empower the most disadvantaged and marginalised within our community.
Our service focus:
- Disadvantaged young people and their families
- People seeking asylum and refugees
Centre 360 Youth and Family Service
Centre 360 Youth and Family Service specialises in counselling, case work and early intervention for disadvantaged young people and their families. Our holistic services include: Family and youth counselling and case work, in-school early intervention and prevention group work, therapeutic groups for young people in out-of-home care and parenting programs.
The House of Welcome
The House of Welcome exists to welcome, shelter and empower people seeking asylum and refugees regardless of their age, gender, sexuality, nationality or religion. We provide client-centred holistic supports that nurture hope, advocate for justice and promote self-reliance, whilst acknowledging the dignity and the rights of each individual.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Digital Marketing & Communications Officer – 3 Days via Pro Bono Australia.