About the role
Arc is a student membership organisation that provides recreational, cultural, representational and retail services to the students of the University of New South Wales (UNSW). The organisation employs 60 staff on a permanent basis and approximately 100 casual employees and raises over $12,000,000 annually.
Arc is all about everything outside the classroom from volunteering opportunities to free food. At their core is making the student experience fun, enriching and social.
Benefits & Culture
Arc is one of Australia’s leading student organisations. The environment is casual but still internally structured and process driven; the team is hardworking but also expect results and they like to have fun whilst doing it. Some of the great benefits you can expect to enjoy are:
- Additional 3 days paid leave per year
- Full time role in a flexible working environment
- Friday happy hours
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will be responsible for overseeing the organisation’s finance and human resources departments and management of WHS, risk, business continuity and legal services. The position also supports the development and delivery of Arc’s strategic plan, business development and maintains critical stakeholder relationships.
You will bring a progressive style of leadership and management experience from a like-minded organisation. You’ll naturally take a collaborative and inclusive approach to supporting and communicating with the CEO and student board.
Specifically you will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role or significant experience leading Finance, HR or other teams within the scope of this role
- A strong financial background including interpreting, analysing and presenting finance and related business information
- Excellent people management skills including providing staff support and the ability to influence stakeholders
- The ability to implement strategy and inspire team achievement
- Demonstrated success working closely with a Board
Individuals with membership/association or education experience and UNSW Alumni are encouraged to apply.
If working within a student driven culture appeals and you have the desire to contribute to the success of this not-for-profit student organisation, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above or to discuss your interest please call Deborah Ross on 02 8243 0570.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Director of Corporate Services via Pro Bono Australia.