About the role
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is both a place and a movement. An independent not-for-profit organisation, whose programs support and empower people seeking asylum. As a movement, they mobilise and unite communities to create lasting social and policy change.
The social enterprise stream acts as an employment program for people seeking asylum (members). It is typically their first job opportunity in Australia providing on the job training and a regular income. Many members have regained their self-confidence, become more connected and go on to build a sustainable future through working in these social enterprises.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary Packaging and Meals & Entertainment packaging
- One extra day off every month
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading per annum
- Additional paid leave at Christmas (at times and dates determined by the ASRC)
- Additional personal leave
- 8 days compassionate leave
- 12 weeks paid maternity and paternity leave after one year of service
- Professional Development
- Free lunch daily
- Car parking available (free)
Reporting to the General Manager of the ASRC and forming part of the senior leadership team, you will play a pivotal role in the delivering growth to the two social enterprises. You will be responsible for leading the businesses whilst modelling an all-hands-on-deck, non-hierarchical culture that supports best practice and frameworks for scale.
Specifically you will:
- Drive scale to increase members employment and training opportunities, providing valuable Australian work experience
- Implement and maintain robust on the job safety, quality and risk governance
- Manage the delivery of ethically sustainable services and create new market strategies
- Develop a reporting framework to support growth strategies and measure social returns
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships and mutually beneficial partnerships.
You are a business owner with experience in catering or cleaning services and you are motivated to learn, embrace and deliver an ethically sustainable model of employment. Alternatively you have successfully contributed to and led a social enterprise to scale. You are a hands-on, natural leader who can inspire, motivate and mentor your team. You demonstrate a commitment to equitable employment opportunities as well as:
- Practical knowledge of strategic business planning, budgeting and marketing
- Experience in building strong effective teams and creating safe and supportive workplaces
- Insight into the issues that are commonly present for people seeking asylum
- Experience in delivery of services, governance and continuous service quality improvements
- Excellent business development and relationship management skills.
If you are passionate about providing economic, social and environmental benefits to people seeking asylum, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please call Anna Skeels or James Stewart on 03 8080 8976.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Director of Social Enterprise via Pro Bono Australia.