About the role
An exciting new, perm part-time role, working closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager, Specialist NET Nurse and Project Officer and reporting to the CEO. We are small, yet dynamic team focused on improving the lives of Australians suffering from Neuroendocrine Cancers.
The Donor and Community Engagement coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the Unicorn Foundation maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from the Australian public.
The Donor and Community Engagement coordinator is responsible for providing Australians with inspiring, meaningful ways to contribute to supporting and improving the lives of Neuroendocrine Cancer patients.
To achieve this, the person is accountable for the strategy and implementation of key fundraising campaigns and events across the country. This dynamic person takes a continuous improvement approach to innovation and business development, ensuring supporters have a great experience supporting the Unicorn Foundation.
This is primarily a working from home position, with travel required to attend meetings, events and strategy sessions throughout the year. Access to stable internet connection is required.
- 3 years+ experience within a fundraising environment
- Proven fundraising success in individual giving programs, establishing and delivering integrated direct mail appeals, newsletters, surveys, regular giving and bequests strategies, including data analysis and reporting
- Experience managing and growing a regular giving program
- Demonstrated experience with relevant financial management including budgets, financial reporting, planning and forecasting
- Passionate about the company vision and values and genuine desire to improve the health of our patients and community
- A caring disposition that displays kindness and empathy in all dealings
- Successful track record of effective stakeholder management including relationship building, onboarding, nurturing and delivery against objectives
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinker that uses diplomacy, drive and empathy in developing all fundraising strategies
- Demonstrated ability in customer service strategy implementation
- Experience in project management and ability to deliver desired outcomes
- Strong computer literacy skills and familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products, and Salesforce (or other database management skills)
- Strong planning, preparation and delivery skills to be able to present key presentations as required
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Tertiary qualifications in fundraising, sales/or marketing and background experience in the not-for-profit sector viewed favourably, but not essential. Equivalent demonstrated relevant experience.
About the organisation
The Unicorn Foundation is Australia's only not for profit medical charity directed towards a less common cancer, Neuroendocrine (NET) Cancer. The mission of the Unicorn Foundation is to assist and support patients and carers through support groups and access to networks of expertise (including specialist NET Nurse helpline); to lobby for access to new and appropriate investigations and treatments; to raise awareness about NET cancers within the medical community and general public and to encourage and support Australian research in the area of NET cancers.
Why consider working for the Unicorn Foundation?
- Work/Life balance
- Be part of a purpose driven business passionate about their vision.
- Re-brand of the foundation in 2020 will present exciting challenges and new ideas
- Structure to support growth.
- Opportunity to make a significant difference.
- Supportive, passionate team environment with interesting work and projects.
- Great team to bounce off and continue to develop and learn from.
- Salary packaging benefits.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Donor and Community Engagement Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.