About the role
Are you an educator passionate about literacy and language? Looking for a rewarding career that allows you to travel and work with remote communities?
The Indigenous Literacy Foundation works to empower remote communities to lead their own literacy futures and has two unique opportunities to join our dynamic team in Sydney.
We work with remote communities located in the NT, WA, QLD and SA and we are seeking an Early Childhood or literacy specialist to manage our Book Buzz Early Literacy Program. This program supports families with children aged 0-5 years old, through a story time model of reading and sharing books, with a focus on home languages.
- Sydney based full-time role with travel to remote communities
- Early Learning Teacher
- Full time role
- Not-for-profit organisation
- Not-for profit salary packaging and benefits with relocation allowance
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identified position
- Deliver ILF’s core early literacy program Book Buzz & manage activity to budget
- Prepare detailed, monthly reports & communications (including newsletter)
- Develop and source resources for the program for playgroups and families
- Co-ordinate & manage evaluation processes & regular feedback with communities & key stakeholders.
- Participate in and organise field trips
- Act as spokesperson and advocate at conferences, stakeholder meetings and broader community
- Train, manage and mentor staff (in community) & staff
- Actively contribute to and participate in strategic planning
- Experience working in remote communities.
- Personal interest in increasing literacy levels throughout Australia.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Indigenous heritage.
- Ability to initiate and develop partnerships with all levels of the community.
- Early Learning Teacher qualification.
- Must hold a current driver’s licence and have a ‘working with children’ and police check.
- 9 – 5pm with flexibility; immediate start; full-time
- Close to Broadway, Sydney
About the organisation
The ILF is a not for profit charity whose charter is to raise literacy levels in remote Indigenous communities across Australia. Work with a dedicated and well-respected small team to create positive outcomes throughout Australia.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Early Literacy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.