About the role
- NFP Salary Packaging options available
- Full-time fixed term position available until 31 December 2020
- Leading organisation in youth mental health
Reporting to the Parkville Hub Manager, the Enhanced Care Coordinator will work alongside the Parkville Hub leadership team providing increased capacity to engage and support young people with complex needs to seek and maintain their treatment within an enhanced primary care setting.
The Enhanced Care Coordinator will work closely with GP’s, Psychiatrists, and allied health contracted staff to facilitate coordinated care and treatment for young people experiencing complexity in regards to their mental health presentation. Working with the leadership team, this role will provide assessment, care planning, referral, advice and consultation services to young people, their families/carers and community professionals/agencies, and will have involvement in service development.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Skills & Experience
- Approved tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Nursing) and previous experience in mental health ideally youth mental health;
- Passion, energy and determination to make a difference to health outcomes for young people;
- Extensive experience in the planning and provision of mental health care, including completion of mental health assessments, crisis intervention, psychoeducation and short-term treatment interventions to young people experiencing mental health and/or substance use, and/or other social difficulties, including current evidence-based approaches;
- Extensive service system knowledge, relevant legislation, government policy nad strategic directions in relation to mental health and alcohol and other substances particularly as it relates to young people;
- Demonstrated capacity to problem solve effectively and work creatively with young people, particularly within an early intervention framework, and during the formation of establishing new services;
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to navigate electronic medical records including data reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in supervision practices including self-reflection;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team in a health setting and to provide leadership and supervision to staff and students;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively liaise, build relationships and partnerships, consult and negotiate with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Commitment to supporting clinical research within the service;
- Demonstrated skills in decision-making, problem-solving and risk management;
- Self-motivated and directed, demonstrating a sound ability to proactively oversee and lead decisions.
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. Find out more on our website.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Enhanced Care Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.