About the role
~ Help shape the future of private sector conservation ~
As AWC is entering an exciting new phase, we are seeking an outstanding professional to play a key role in our Development and Events (fundraising) team. Based in Melbourne or Sydney, the role will suit an experienced professional with exceptional skills in logistics, project management or complex event management. The Events Project Manager role is an exciting new position within the national Development team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and executing AWC’s national program of extremely complex, bespoke events in remote locations around Australia as well as functions in major cities.
- Managing a diverse and geographically-dispersed team of staff (from ecologists, to chefs, hospitality staff and maintenance personnel) to execute AWC’s events at a very high level.
- Researching and securing appropriate suppliers, products and services. Proven experience supporting remote-area environments is highly desirable.
- Managing multiple, complex event budgets and ensuring events are delivered within budget.
- Coordinating event communications and ensuring information is accurate, up-to-date, professionally presented and stored.
- Supporting staff across the organisation with event/project planning, managing and reporting of multiple events simultaneously.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the ongoing growth of an innovative, successful organisation which is helping shape the future of conservation in Australia. Extensive travel to remote locations will be required. An attractive remuneration package is available for a candidate with outstanding logistics, project management or complex event management experience.
About the organisation
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife across more than 6.4 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre. With a focus on practical land management and world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation. Our core business is protecting threatened species, such as the Bilby, the Gouldian Finch and the Numbat.
AWC’s mission – to deliver effective conservation for all Australian animal species and their habitats – is achieved through the integration of world-class science and land management (i.e. fire management, feral animal control, weed eradication). Our work is funded primarily through private philanthropic donations and support from the general public.
To learn more about AWC, please visit our website: www.australianwildlife.org
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Events Project Manager via Pro Bono Australia.