About the role
You have exceptional community development vision and operational experience in community development and / or an early learning environment. Having a sense of purpose is important to you. You are a highly motivated and inspiring leader who can support an experienced team. You can work autonomously yet understand the importance of a collaborative approach. You have senior leadership experience and excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Communicate and progress the purpose and strategic plan of The Craig Family Centre;
• Manage the day to day operations of The Craig and report to a Committee of Management;
• Create positive and open, professional relationships with the community, families and children;
• Lead development of a community and neighbourhood house plan, supported by Community Programs Coordinator and volunteers;
• Oversee early learning curriculum development, supported by the Children’s Services Educational Leader;
• Proactively manage business development opportunities to maximise financial sustainability across all programs;
• Ensure compliance with National and State legislation and Exceeds National Quality Standards (ACECQA).
The successful candidate will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in community work/ development, early childhood education, business, or other relevant disciplines.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a Centre Manager role and / or experience in a similar senior leadership role.
• Experience working at the direction of a community-based Committee of Management / Board
• Applied knowledge in one or more of the following sectors – community services/development and neighbourhood house; management of children’s early learning services
• An understanding of and commitment to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), National Quality Standards (NQS) and National Regulations.
• Proven ability to inspire, lead and support a team of educators and other program staff
• Experience and ability to develop and maintain budgets
• Extensive experience in managing stakeholder relations
• Qikkids experience desirable
• Current Working with Children’s and Police Checks
• Current driver licence and access to a reliable and comprehensively insured motor vehicle.
• Attractive remuneration package
• Optional 9 day fortnight
• Modern, well equipped facilities in a central location
• Dedicated and experienced team of educators and staff including administration support
• Support from an engaged Committee of Management
• Professional development opportunities for you and the team
About the organisation
Founded on principles of social equity and inclusion for all, The Craig Family Centre (‘The Craig’) offers a range of programs and services including neighbourhood house and community development, early learning including occasional care, kindergarten and playgroup in the Ashburton area. We are co-located with Access Health and Maternal and Child Health and service integration is a key service delivery feature of our Centre.
As an incorporated association governed by a Committee of Management, the ‘Craig’ is dedicated to providing the very best in early education in a safe and nurturing environment to ensure every child can make a positive start. Our community programs equally thread the same ethos through every stage of life.
The incoming Executive Director has the unique opportunity of creating a community development plan for The Craig – building on our current offering. The ED will be supported by a Neighbourhood House Coordinator, an experienced team of educators in the Children’s Services branch of The Craig, and an experienced administration team.
Our Purpose: We strive to ensure that individuals and families of all kinds are respected by, connected with and engaged in our local community.
• We Value Diversity
• We Work Inclusively
• We Are Respectful
• We Foster Sustainable Practices
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Executive Director – Community Development and Early Learning via Pro Bono Australia.