About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time, ongoing position based at Croydon
- Establish, expand or transfer your social work skills
We have an exciting opportunity for a social worker to join our Integrated Family Services team based at Croydon on a permanent full time basis.
The Integrated Family Services program supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being. Family Services Practitioners respond to referrals from Child FIRST and provide home based supports through assertive outreach.
In a typical day, a Family Services Practitioner might:
- Use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in the client’s home or child’s school
- Review with your supervisor plans to support a family’s goals
- Consult with Child Protection
- Discuss a difficult case with your team members in a Reflective Practice meeting
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in your covering letter:
- Briefly outline your understanding of the Best Interest Framework and how it underpins and informs your assessment process.
- Describe your understanding of child centered, family focused practice including an example to highlight how you have implemented this.
- Briefly describe how you form effective working relationships with children, family and colleagues and also maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.vt.uniting.org
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
How to apply for this role
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (addressing the selection criteria questions above)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close Monday 27 January 2020
Get in touch
- Tanja Dalton – Team Leader – 03 9724 2222
- Andrea Nash – Manager – 03 9724 2222
Please quote in application: Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.