About the role
- Join our friendly & supportive team working with vulnerable children and families.
- Full-Time Fixed Term Contract up to February 2021 (Parental Leave position).
- Werribee location
The role involves the provision of an in-home family casework service, working in partnership with families with the aim of strengthening parenting capacity and family resilience. The work involves taking steps to reduce risks to children’s safety and wellbeing and that of other family members, as well as working with families to empower them to manage their life situation and to take charge of their lives, including having a positive engagement with their community.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level;
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma;
- Experience in working with families in any of the following service areas is desirable: family services, child protection, housing, domestic violence, mental health, and/or alcohol and other drugs;
- Demonstrated experience working with high needs, complex families, utilizing a child focused family centred approach;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, youth and families.
Please refer to the Position Description for further information: PD IFS Werribee Jan 2020.pdf
About the organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.