About the role
The successful applicant will become part of a brand-new team- the first program of its kind in Australia – you will be delivering Functional Family Therapy in the Juvenile Justice space working with families who have a history of family violence. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the delivery of internationally recognised, evidence-based services with the aim of improving the lives of young people and families.
Providing the highest standard of evidence-based family therapy in a home-based environment, you will deliver structured family training and intervention strategies that include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Full training and support to gain accreditation in the specialist evidence-based model will be provided in New Zealand on 10th and 11th February 2020
Who we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Family Therapy, Criminal Justice or Psychology
- Previous experience in a therapeutic environment ideally utilising recognised therapy practices such as CBT
- Experience working within an evidence-based framework/model would be highly regarded
- Knowledge and experience working with families with complex needs
- Experience in the youth justice space and/or family violence would be hugely beneficial
- Good communication skills and the ability to build relationships and rapport with families and young people
Who we are:
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. This is achieved through collaboration. We provide solutions that improve outcomes for our clients. Our approach is strategic and agile as well as being systemic and forward-thinking.
As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector
- Permanent contract
- Training in New Zealand 10th and 11th February
- Unique training and professional development journey
- Flexible working hours between the hours of 8am and 8pm
- Level 5 on the SCHCADS award, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance provided
- The opportunity to work directly with families
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone so you can work on the road
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
- Up to $3000 in relocation assistance available
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Therapist via Pro Bono Australia.