About the role
Family Violence Senior Worker
(Permanent Full Time)
Enjoy the benefits of working with a growing organisation offering career development, flexibility and an attractive annual salary package (including leave loading and superannuation).
The Olive’s Place team provides support and accommodation to women and their children who have fled their homes due to family violence. The team provide information, advocacy, and case management support to women and children in crisis.
VincentCare promotes a strengths based, client centred approach within its Case Management Framework, embodied in the Homelessness Recovery Model. As the Senior Worker you will provide leadership, guidance, mentoring and role modelling to all team members within the Olive’s Place program.
The role will also oversee and contribute to the team’s 24/7 on-call roster, as well as supporting a reduced case load of clients.
VincentCare Victoria is an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage. Our purpose is to create opportunities and lasting change for the most marginalised. VincentCare is well equipped to provide a continuum of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Working with VincentCare:
A key strategic priority is attracting and retaining skilled and committed employees aligned to our values. VincentCare has over three hundred dedicated, talented and enthusiastic staff working across a range of programs and services and offers a number of benefits including:
- Career Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging
- Choice of Superannuation fund
- Family friendly and flexibility
- Study leave
- The Ozanam Scholar Bursary
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to the principles of social justice and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
Experience – Essential
- Experience (minimum 2 years) in case planning, support and leadership within a family violence setting
- Understands and can demonstrate partnership initiatives and deliverable and an ability to work with and alongside other programs and organisations
- Can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as advanced interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a crisis environment with clients presenting with complex needs and behaviours
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Senior Worker via Pro Bono Australia.