About the role
- Location: Melton/Werribee
- Full-time Position
- Salary- $83,238-$86,920
VACCA is delivering Family Violence Therapeutic programs across multiple locations which will deliver culturally safe and trauma-informed one-on-one counselling and group-based work with Aboriginal women, children, adolescents and families who are impacted by family violence.
Culture, Connection and Healing are central to the design and delivery of Family Violence Therapeutic programs to Aboriginal families. The program model is family-focused and where possible, all family members will be involved and supported, individually and as a family. Staff will work within VACCA’s Aboriginal therapeutic framework.
The Family Violence Therapeutic Counsellor positions have been created to provide 1:1 trauma-informed assessment and counselling to Aboriginal women, children and their families who are impacted and/or have experienced family violence
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of Aboriginal culture and values and the importance of identity, and cultural connections in the healing process for Aboriginal children and families
- A tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, family therapy or a related discipline along with demonstrated experience
- A comprehensive understanding of the dynamics and impact of family violence in Aboriginal families
- A demonstrated ability to work therapeutically and sensitively in a range of healing interventions with Aboriginal women, children, adolescents and families who are impacted and/or have experienced family violence
- Substantial and relevant experience working across Family Violence, Child and Family Welfare Services and the Aboriginal sector
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation’s vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family-friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
How to apply for this role
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
For more information please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 03 9287 8838
Application Deadline: 27th Jan, 2019
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job go to:
http://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4988696.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Therapeutic Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.