About the role
- Unique and exciting opportunity to develop specialist skills in the cancer field
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Part-time (0.6 FTE) on-going position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Financial Counsellor to join the Strategy and Support Division. Reporting to the Coordinator, Financial and Legal support Programs, your role is to:
- Provide telephone-based confidential, tailored information and guidance to people affected by cancer who are experiencing financial distress, supporting them to make more informed decisions about their finances.
- Administer a small grants program for people experiencing adverse financial effects due to cancer.
- Explore opportunities for innovation, education, partnerships and outreach within the cancer space.
- Contribute to building an understanding of the costs of cancer for Victorians affected by cancer.
All about you
- Accredited and an experienced financial counsellor with an appropriate qualification;
- Energetic, resourceful and motivated to make a difference in people’s lives;
- Interested in being the first financial counsellor to specialise in cancer in Victoria;
- Looking for a new challenge (we are open to exploring secondment opportunities for the right candidate);
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $65,000 – $75,000 pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- Regular clinical supervision
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Strategy and Support Division comprises the units of Cancer Information and Support Services (CISS), Research Governance and Optimal Care (RGOC), Cancer Strategy and Business Management. The purpose of the Division is to minimise the impact of cancer on the Victorian community. It works to empower patients by delivering dynamic, credible, personalised information and compassionate support.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Financial Counsellor (CISS.64) via Pro Bono Australia.