About the role
icare is currently seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist with a commercial mindset and a passion for social impact to join the icare Foundation team.
- Join a progressive and innovative Foundation team and organisation
- Newly created, exciting permanent fulltime opportunity
- Salary from $110,745 + superannuation
The icare Foundation is an enabling unit within the broader icare business with a goal to help icare achieve its vision by supporting organisations and innovations that address the biggest societal challenges in icare’s schemes to prevent injury, improve recovery and enhance quality of life for icare’s customers.
We’re looking for someone to support senior Foundation staff to improve and operationalise the Foundation’s approach to monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) across its portfolio of grants. This role works collaboratively with Foundation team members and key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the coordination of MEL related activity. You’ll bring your experience in social impact measurement and evaluation to the role to ensure that all investments have robust impact measurement plans (including theory of change and program logic) so that an environment of learning and accountability is created, and emerging risks and issues are well managed. You’ll be working with a diverse mix of creative, hard- working curious and smart people who really care about making a difference for people and the NSW community. You will have a mind for getting things done and a heart for people and you will set the bar high through the quality of the work you do and the people-oriented decisions you make.
You’ll have a broad range of experience in impact measurement, providing project/program support, managing relationships and implementing team-based approaches. You’ll be highly organized and have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. Experience working in the for purpose sector, consulting and/or philanthropy with a focus on insurance, health, employment, disability and/or community program management, would be an advantage.
It’s an exciting environment where no two days are the same. But on a typical day you might find yourself:
- supporting Foundation staff to manage partner relationships, monitor and evaluate our portfolio of investments/grants, develop/disseminate communication materials and program learning, and coordinate partner meetings.
- identifying MEL related gaps and ensure the Foundation MEL tools, systems, templates and guides are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the Foundation, as well as external and internal partners.
- working with external and internal partners to develop monitoring, evaluation and learning plans, and complete reporting requirements, in a timely way to meet deadlines.
- overseeing the activities of the Foundation’s evaluation providers, as needed, including coordinating relevant training and capacity building workshops.
- supporting the establishment of a collaborative and open culture with internal and external partners to foster learning and adaptive management of Foundation investments.
- monitoring the Foundation’s partners’ funding milestones, so that invoices and payments are managed, and liaise with finance so that accurate accounts are maintained.
We’re a new kind of organisation, one that’s as supportive and socially conscious as it is agile and explorative. Our DNA of commercial mind and social heart captures who we are at our core.
If you think you’re the right person for this role, send us your resume (up to 5 pages). Don’t delay as we’re assessing applications as they are received. We’d love to hear how your capabilities, achievements and experience set you apart.
We know our strength comes from the diversity of our people and so we want people with different experiences and backgrounds to apply. We recognise the importance of balance and flexibility and understand that it’s not a one size fits all approach, so we’d be happy to talk about and consider your specific needs.
If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, or if you require any further information about the role, please contact Kerry Goode on (02) 9216 3060 for a chat.
Please note that you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport to apply for this role.
- icare is the brand of Insurance & Care NSW
- For more information about icare visit our website
- icare operates a direct sourcing model so no agency introductions will be accepted
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Foundation Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.