About the role
The Fundraising Coordinator – Challenge Events is responsible for working across community fundraising, challenge events, business supporters and donor enquiries. The main focus will be Challenge Events (sporting events like fun runs or triathlons), which includes peer to peer fundraising activities associated with fitness-based activities. This includes the implementation of targeted engagement, acquisition and retention strategies, in addition to support and administration for Challenge Event participants and community fundraisers.
Reporting to the Community Fundraising Manager, the Fundraising Coordinator will have strong administrative abilities, strong customer service skills, experience and skills in online and offline community fundraising, donor management and reporting.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a range of community fundraising activities, primarily Challenge Events (fitness-based activities such as fun runs or triathlons) involving peer to peer fundraising, with a focus on supporting fundraisers and donors on their fundraising journey.
- Oversee approved community fundraising activities, ensuring fundraisers and donors are retained and recruited each year through an agreed communications, retention and acquisition strategy.
- Liaise with stakeholders, including internal fundraising team, Marketing and Digital team, Strategic Communications team, external events agencies and industry experts.
- Work with the Events, Volunteers and Speakers teams to manage event logistics ensuring a strong Beyond Blue presence at selected events.
- Respond to and action fundraising and donation enquiries for Beyond Blue support (online and telephone).
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in fundraising within the not for profit/marketing/events management sectors, ideally community-based fundraising/events and logistics. This includes an understanding of the motivations as to why a donor would support a particular cause.
- A solid understanding of CRM, donor management systems (Salesforce an advantage) and third-party fundraising platforms (i.e. Everyday Hero, Funraisin and others) combined with proven ability to understand data segmentation and reporting.
- Skills in planning, coordinating, task and activity monitoring and delivery against defined tasks objectives, methods and outcomes.
The desirable skills the successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification/certificate in events management, marketing, communications or fundraising
- Understanding of digital communications to support donor engagement and experience implementing integrated communications strategies.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of fundraising, including the legal requirements to fundraise in all states and territories.
Please note our offices will be relocating to Melbourne CBD mid-2020.
Benefits and Perks
Reporting to the Community Fundraising Manager, you will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled Fundraising team working within the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising group. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station and our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace. Beyond Blue also marks Aboriginal Dates of Significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments.
About the organisation
About the business
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Additionally, in our commitment to reconciliation and creating a culturally safe organisation, Beyond Blue is proudly implementing our Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
How to apply for this role
The Fundraising Coordinator – Challenge Events role is offered on a full-time, fixed term contract until 30 January 2023.
All applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that that addresses how your skills, knowledge & experience would be attributes to the work of the Beyond Blue.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
A current position description can be found on our careers page: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/about-us/careers
All applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
With the subject line: Fundraising Coordinator – Challenge Events
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote in application: Fundraising Coordinator – Challenge Events via Pro Bono Australia.