About the role
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Exciting opportunity within a dynamic and growing Not-For-Profit organisation
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Competitive remuneration
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Full Time (38 hours per week)
Your new role
Due to organisation growth, an opportunity exists for a dynamic leader with experience in Housing and Homelessness Support to lead the delivery of quality Housing and Homelessness Services as a part of our Senior Leadership Team. Wintringham is seeking to appoint a high performing leader to this key leadership position that will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
The General Manager – Housing and Homelessness Support will be required to build on strong partnerships internally and externally to ensure a standard of excellence in service delivery to our consumers that reflects the values and strategic goals of Wintringham. This position will allow you to be a skilled professional who will lead and manage future growth, with a focus on positioning the organisation as a leader in the provision of Housing and Homelessness support services centring on helping our clients to be independent, safe, healthy and live well.
Your duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Leading the delivery and development of our Housing Support, Advice & Information, NDIS, Recreation and Tenancy services
- Provision of leadership and supervision to reporting Managers and monitoring their performance
- Identify opportunities to enhance services through growth, partnerships and reform
- Ensuring processes are in place to ensure service delivery meets all legislative, contractual and accreditation requirements
- Ensuring appropriate staff levels are maintained
- Working in conjunction with Senior Manager and CEO in developing the organisational strategic plan
You are a proven leader with a track record of success in the leadership of homelessness services, delivering operational results, building amazing cultures and achieving budget targets. Your skills will be supported by possessing the following:
- Degree level qualification in social work, welfare, community development or related field
- Senior management experience in social and community services programs including homelessness
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a complex function and empower employees within their roles
- Demonstrated ability to engender wellbeing, synergy and a spirit of collaboration across teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change and innovation in service provision
- Knowledge of Commonwealth and State Government policies, standards and compliance requirements
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”
About the organisation
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 700 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne and regional Victoria. Our Head Office provides the strategic direction and support services for Wintringham’s residential, housing and community care services.
How to apply for this role
For more information about this exciting role, please contact Bryan Lipmann (CEO/Founder) at 9376 1122
A copy of the Position Description can be accessed via our website.
Applications can be directed to Bryan Lipmann (CEO/Founder) and submitted by clicking the apply button.
Please submit a Cover Letter incorporating a response to the Key Selection Criteria to accompany your CV.
Applications close at 5:00pm Monday 20th January 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Please quote in application: General Manager – Housing & Homelessness Support via Pro Bono Australia.