About the role
The Gift in Wills/Estates Manager will drive the acquisition, engagement, management and retention of Beyond Blue’s bequestors, and manage Estates. This role is about developing and implementing a long-term strategy and program of work for gift in wills supporters and cultivating and nurturing new and existing relationships with long-term donors.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify, research, qualify and nurture prospective gift in wills supporters, including “asking” people to consider leaving a gift in their will or make a financial contribution today to support Beyond Blue.
- Work with the Donor Relations Manager and the Marketing and Digital team to develop and implement gift in wills engagement and communications plans (including short, medium and long-term goals, acquisition and retention strategies, stewardship and recognition strategies, and donor journeys).
- Manage communications with estate executors and legal practitioners and keep up to date with legislation and developments regarding will preparation and estate administration.
- Manage all contact with donor prospects, gift in will donors and the administration of Estates on a centralised moves management database (Salesforce/bLink CRM), ensuring the completeness and accuracy of notes, whilst mindful of privacy principles.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong knowledge of philanthropy, fundraising and bequest giving in Australia, and an understanding of the motivations as to why a donor/fundraiser would support a particular cause.
- Proven experience working with gift in will supporters within the not for profit sector.
- Knowledge and application of principles and processes for effectively managing stakeholders. This includes stakeholder needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of stakeholder satisfaction. Proven experience applying this with philanthropic donors.
The desirable skills the successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline is essential (fundraising, marketing, business development, community engagement, communications).
- Membership of the Fundraising Institute Australia and a broader knowledge of fundraising.
- A solid understanding of CRM, donor management systems (Salesforce an advantage) combined with proven ability to understand data segmentation and reporting.
About the organisation
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Additionally, in our commitment to reconciliation and creating a culturally safe organisation, Beyond Blue is proudly implementing our Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
Benefits and Perks
Reporting to the Philanthropy Lead, you will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team working within the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising team. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station and our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace. Beyond Blue also marks Aboriginal Dates of Significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments.
How to apply for this role
The Gift in Wills Manager role is offered on a part-time (0.6FTE), fixed term contract until 30th January 2023.
Applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that that addresses how your skills, knowledge and experience would be attributes to the work of the Beyond Blue. A current position description can be found career’s website: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/about-us/careers.
All applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
With the subject line: Gift in Wills Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote in application: Gift in Wills Manager via Pro Bono Australia.