About the role
The Grants Advisor is responsible for leading and coordinating ChildFund Australia’s grant funding portfolio with a mandate to grow the organisation’s funding from bi-lateral, multi-lateral and non-traditional funding sources. The focus will be on grant acquisition for child protection, education, health, adolescent & youth development and disaster risk reduction (DRR) projects and the Grants Advisor will also provide donor compliance support to ChildFund Australia Country Offices.
- Identify new grant opportunities from institutional donors, leading proposal preparation and liaising closely with the donor agency, the Country Office and the relevant International Program Staff during proposal review.
- Support donor compliance requirements at Country/Regional and Sydney Office level.
- Maintain oversight of the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP), acting as the primary donor liaison point with DFAT.
- Support Country/ Regional Offices to develop donor engagement and fundraising strategies.
- Build the fundraising capacity and Country/ Regional Offices and provide on-the-job training, mentoring and support to develop donor engagement and fundraising strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Masters degree in International Development or related field;
- Experience in building strong relationships with technical donors;
- Significant community development experience including implementation, policy-development, technical-support, or fundraising roles;
- Experience developing successful, complex donor proposals;
- Planning and managing project budgets to ensure effective use of resources and compliance with standards; and
- Demonstrated commitment to justice, human rights, solidarity, children’s rights and a child-centred approach to development.
About the organisation
ChildFund Australia is an independent and non-religious international development organisation that works to reduce poverty for children in developing communities. We work in partnership with children and their communities to create lasting change by supporting long-term community development, responding to humanitarian emergencies and promoting children’s rights. ChildFund Australia implements programs with a range of local partners in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, and other Pacific nations, and manages projects delivered by partner organisations throughout Asia, Africa and the Americas. Our work is funded through child and community sponsorship, government grants as well as donations from individuals, trusts and foundations, and corporate organisations.
How to apply for this role
Please send a cover letter, your CV and the application form to HR@childfund.org.au, using the subject line: Grants Advisor application via ProBono Australia.
Please quote in application: Grants Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.